Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Year's Bash

New Year's Eve we went to celebrate at Stein Eriksen Lodge and started the night with some dinner. Half way through dinner I felt a strange sensation like nothing I have ever experienced. My throat and and tongue started to swell. I took some benadryl and went on with the night but knew I had some sort of allergy to something I ate. The majority of the meal was seafood (which I love!!). Trevor and Amanda missed it because they were at a cousin's wedding in Texas.

Just the two of us....Brooklyn was in the room with a babysitter while we ate.

Family pic

We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing!! I loved just lounging around, eating lots of food, hot tubbing, and playing with Brooklyn and Baylor. 

After we got home, I went to an allergist during the week and got tested for food allergies. On a scale of 0 to 5, I have a shellfish allergy of 5. The majority of people with this have an adult onset allergy. On a random day your body will have a reaction to it and thereafter. Now everytime I am exposed, the reaction will get worse. The doctor prescribed me an epi pen that I am suppose to carry around with me just in case. NO MORE SEAFOOD FOR ME :( 

1 comment:

  1. New Year's was super fun... right up until our kids decided that lip banging is the new head banging. NOT. And of course your throat closing up was also stellar. But BESIDES that I had lots of fun with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...